Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny Grey Flying Insects In Atlanta, GA

Question
Hi. i am wondering what type of insect there is in georgia. There are these small, grey, flying bugs here in Atlanta that come out midday and leave in the evening. And they fly and land somewhere on you whether it is on your clothes or in your hair. Ans they are very annoying. And when you smush them, orange stuff comes out. They have a black head and black stripes and wings but are tiny. And you can see them flying. I have only saw them in th Fall time when the leaves fall. Please help!

Answer
Hi Ashtynn
The number of insects that fit this description is huge so I hope you understand that without seeing on of these I cannot tell you what they are. Before you smash one could you take a photo of it for me. About all I can say now is that they most likely belong to the Order Diptera (flies)

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz