Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny little insects crawling on walls

Question
Bug
Bug  

Bug 2
Bug 2  

We are living in a high-rise condominium in Kuala Lumpur (moved here recently), and have started noticing these tiny little insects on the wall. It's worrying us because they are in our daughter's bedroom.

They are around less than a millimeter in size, curved antenna, clear six legs and a round abdomen. They don't seem to fly but can run around when sensing our finger closing in and seem to "jump" for a distance of an inch or so.

The pictures should serve as a better description (Thank you Samsung Note 2, the close focus and sharp image beat our Nikon).

Appreciate your help in knowing what they are and how to get rid of them. (Our youngest daughter is 4 years old and we do have a cat, so general pesticide is not a good option).

Sam

Answer
Hi Sam;
I am having problem with these bugs. For one thing I have not seen these in Ohio. They resemble a beetle of some kind. The good news is that I do not believe they are harmful in any way and their presence is temporary. I don not believe pesticides are necessary. Just vacuum them up

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz