Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Please help identify bug!

ToriCamile wrote at 2013-01-21 21:53:20
I have the same thing.  I am infested, what I think are bird mites.  I think they cluster into black masses or you can not see them.  I

think they get into bacteria in the soil   and cause infection.  They can attach to anything. Like  lint and hair.  I notice  my hair is like it has live organisms in it.  It moves and wigglesa and has white egg like balls at the end of the strans.  I get bit up like white pimples.  Also I get little lessions like paper cuts.  I think maybe that is from  when they are on the the grass like debreee.  I would like to get an answer myself. Please let me know if u send in a specimen to a medical enthomologist.  I have tried everything possible for months.  I am finally moving  out.  NO IT IS NOT DP!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.