Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Old spider bite

Question
Hello Sir,
I was bitten by a black jumping spider on the back of my right leg.  The bite area swelled over several days and developed a dead necrotic area around the puncture.  I had to be treated with oral and intravenous antibiotics at the time.  This was 10 years ago.  Two years ago the bite opened up, swelled, bled, and I was again treated with antibiotics.  Once again, I am experience swelling and pain at the bite site and expect another infection.  Is this common with spider bites?  Do they ever go away completely?

Answer
No! It is not common for a spider bite to have such lasting effects. The initial bite should have cleared up in days. In your case it became infected but the infection should have cleared up. I cannot answer why it keeps coming back. This is a question for an MD

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz