Entomology (Study of Bugs)/prating mantis egg storage

Question
I have two Praying mantis egg cases for about 4 weeks and 1 has already hatched.  Can I put the other egg case in the fridge to keep it from hatching for a few more weeks? I want to be able to release them outside when they get bigger but I don't think they will survive if I release them while it is still winter.  I live in Pa.

Answer
Terry,

Yes, lowering the temp (not freezer) will slow down development and hatching. If the nymphs have developed to near hatching they may not survive but they would not survive outside at this time of the year anyway so it is worth a try.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis