Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Small black bugs

Black bugs
Black bugs  

Black bugs
Black bugs  
These bugs were found in my lint trap on the dryer.  I sprayed the house with alcohol and they are appearing dead in clusters.  I am evidently the only one who is being bitten,,,,pleas help

I can't see much detail in the images but these do not look like insects. There are only a few insects and mites that actually bite people, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/unknown_bug_bites.html for a list plus some things that mimic bug bites. If you can't identify something from this list then the bites are likely caused by something else, such as an irritant or an allergy. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology