Entomology (Study of Bugs)/False widow?

Question
False widow?
False widow?  
Hi, you are probably aware there is an outbreak of the false widow spider in the uk. I'm really not fond of them to be honest. Looking online this spider I found earlier looks a bit like one with the pattern on the back can you confirm or deny if it is a false widow please?

Answer
Scott,

There's not enough detail here to id. The spider (if it is a spider) appears to rolled into a ball and is too dark to see the pattern. There's a good image here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24636116 for comparison. If you can get a better image I'd be glad to take another look.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis