Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect

Question
Red fly
Red fly  
QUESTION: Can you identify this insect? Found in Kerala, south of India.

ANSWER: Hi Sajim
I am not ignoring your question but I am not sure abour Indian insects. I will be talking to a colleague on Tesday. Can you tell me how big this is?

QUESTION: Appreciates your effort. It was less than 1.5 Inches in total length. First I thought it may be a Cicada, but it was very much smaller than that. I am a novice too :(

Answer
My first glance at this bug made me think Cicada also. I will consult on this on Tuesday

My colleague and I feel sure that this is a True Bug (Order Hemiptera) Cicadas are hemipterans. Without examining it directly that is about we can tell you. It is a beautiful insect

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz