Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Larvae in my shower

Question
Larvae in shower1
Larvae in shower1  

Larvae in shower2
Larvae in shower2  
Hello,

I just to moved into a new place 4 weeks ago and now I've been finding white/yellowish larvae in my shower.

They are approximately 1/2" long and have a brownish strip on the tip of one end.

I also have found dead brown silver worms about the same size on the floor of the bathroom.

Are these something to be concerned about? I already have a moisture issue in this place.

This pictures are very clear, but hopefully enough to identify.

THANK YOU!
Angie

Answer
Dear Angie - Your images are indeed not clear enough for me to be confident of an identification. I will say, however, that they were not what I expected to see after reading your description. As best I can make out, the one in the second image resembles a larva (caterpillar) of an Indianmeal moth, a common pantry pest. If that is the case, you should see more of them crawling high on a wall or on the ceiling; when mature, they leave whatever food item they had been infesting and wander about looking for a safe place to undergo pupation. See http://tinyurl.com/ksctwwb for an image and http://tinyurl.com/kmrt3t2 for a fact sheet with more detailed information including control recommendations. However, if after reviewing the cited material, you believe that you have something else, please try to obtain a clearer image (perhaps by placing one on a plain sheet of paper/cardboard) that you could attach to a follow-up question.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad