Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny black bugs

QUESTION: I have these tiny black bugs in my bedroom, on the walls ,near the window and some times on my bed. I thought these were bed bugs but there is no stains on my white sheets and I have no bites.

ANSWER: Gloria,

Can you post a picture? This description could fit a number of different things.

Jack DeAngelis

Black bugs
Black bugs  
QUESTION: Here is a picture of the bug enlarged

These are a type of beetle that infests stored food. There are several species but take a look at this page http://www.livingwithbugs.com/cigarette_drugstore_beetle.html for pictures. There may be an infestation in some type of stored food or dry pet food. They are otherwise harmless.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology