Entomology (Study of Bugs)/unknown beetle?

Question
unknown beetle
unknown beetle  
Hello, I am hoping you could assist with identifying what type of insect (I believe it is some type of beetle).  It was eating a stink bug shortly after this picture was taken.  Thanks!  It was taken on 10/10/13 in the evening in Columbus, Ohio.  I only saw it crawling around the wall.

Answer
Craig:

The creature in your image is another kind of "true bug" called a Wheel Bug, Arilus cristatus .  They are in the assassin bug family Reduviidae and prey on other insects.

Here's more information on them.  Reminds me I need to do my own blog post about them:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/454

I don't recommend handling assassin bugs as they can give a very painful bite in self-defense....BUT, they are great to have around for mobile pest control :-)

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton