Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug identification

Question
Image 1
Image 1  

Image 2
Image 2  
I found this bug, it crawled out from under my couch tonight. My first thought was a cockroach from the looks of it and body shape, but I searched images upon images and couldn't find anything resembling it and it had no wings. Could you help me identify it? And possibly a way to get rid of them if there are possibly more? Sorry about poor image I was afraid it would run away on me.

Answer
Devon,

This is indeed a cockroach. Baits are the best method of control. You can try borate powder (Roach Pruf and others) first but commercial baits work better on large infestations. Take a look at http://www.livingwithbugs.com/cockroach_control.html and post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis