Entomology (Study of Bugs)/mystery bug

Question
mystery bug
mystery bug  
Thank you in advance for your help. I live in Detroit, MI. I saw this bug crawling on my wall, its small, skinny and moves pretty quick. it was greyish black with 8 legs and two long antennae on the front and what seems to be three in the back (shaped like a T) very weird.  It sort of reminds me of a hybrid of a roach and a centipede. i saw it today 11/16/13 at around 5pm. Thanks again for your help! :-) ive attached a pic

Answer
Hi, Alena:

Thank you for including the great image!

This is a "Four-lined Silverfish," a fairly common, primitive insect that is rarely a pest:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/156092

On rare occasions, silverfish are problematic in libraries because of their fondness for starchy materials, such as the glue used in bookbinding.  Otherwise, they are of little consequence.

Thanks again for sharing your find!

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton