Entomology (Study of Bugs)/mystery insect

Question
unknown
unknown  

unknown2
unknown2  
I found this strange bug in my cats water dish. It is about a hal an inch long, no legs, has a pair of antenna, tan head and thorax, 3 dark stripes on thorax, and a blue green abdomen.

Answer
Ryan:

Thank you for including the images with your question.  Unfortunately, because the specimen is incomplete, I cannot render an identification.

In my opinion, this is a winged insect from which the wings have been removed, along with the legs.

There are several possibilities but I cannot narrow it down without a complete specimen.  Suffice it to say that I do not recognize this as anything that poses a threat to the health of you, your family, or your pets; or your property for that matter.

Many insects find their way indoors seeking shelter from the winter cold, and I suspect that is the case here.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton