Entomology (Study of Bugs)/please help me identify this

Question
worm
worm  

worm
worm  
hi I found a worm looking thing in my bath its really small white and a blacke head both ends and it looks like its in a cocoon im not sure what it is at the moment its winter and I live in the uk uf u could help me find out what it is thank u

Answer
Hello Danielle,

Thank you for your question and photos. The "worm" you found actually isn't a worm at all but a larval moth or butterfly. I can't see the head and body clearly enough in the photo to make a definite identification, but it looks to me like an Indian Meal Moth larva. Have you noticed small moths in your house too? They aren't dangerous but can become a pest because of their appetites.

Best,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger