Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Please help identify these bugs

I uploaded the picture to my photobucket account

photo IMG_20131119_155137_060_zps967cc37f.jpg

I found these today in my cat food dish (automatic feeder) when I took it apart to clean it.

Thank you for including the images with your question....

These are not insects.  They appear to be some kind of terrestrial isopod, perhaps a type of woodlouse like one in this family of crustaceans:

Without examining the specimens themselves, I would be hard-pressed to give a more specific identification, and am really only guessing from these images that lack much detail.

I would take intact specimens to a biologist at a natural history museum, university, or state department of agriculture office (maybe county extension office, Cooperative Extension Service for whatever county you live in).  He or she can then put them under a microscope and render a more accurate ID.

I do not recognize these as anything that poses a threat to the health of you, your family, or your pets.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.