Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Spider found in North Carolina home

Question
Spider
Spider  
I found this spider in my house in a corner while cleaning tonight and have googled every type of spider and can't seem to identify it. Please tell me what kind of spider it is..it's body is black our either a really dark brown and it has a gold pattern on it's back. It's legs are both black and gold in deferent places and it has eight legs. I'm desperate to find out what it is because it was found in my Childs room. I have attached a photo. I live in western north Carolina about two hours from the Tennessee boarder. Please help!! Thank you!

Answer
Katie,

The image is a little blurry so I can't tell for sure which species it is but it is not one of the venomous species in your area. You might want to submit the image to the folks at www.buggide.net as someone there might recognize the pattern on the abdomen.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis