Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this?

Question
Bathroom bug
Bathroom bug  
Hi Eric. I found this bug in my bathroom crawling  on the floor near the tub  in the early morning time. I would like to know what it is and how do I get rid of it.  It's a crawler. Looks like reddish brown but in the picture it looks closer to black. Hope you can help me.
Thanks!

Answer
Hi, Stacy:

Thank you for including the image with your question.

The insect is a type of "spider beetle," probably this one:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/55820

It is considered a stored product pest, but is usually not numerous enough to be problematic.  Here's more:

http://www.urbanwildlifeguide.net/2010/05/beetle-in-bathtub.html

These beetles are not uncommon in very old buildings where they mysteriously survive in the absence of any easily discerned food source.

They pose no health threat that I am aware of, but infested flour or other stored products should be disposed of.  Store vulnerable foodstuffs, including dry pet food, in glass, metal, or durable plastic containers with tight-fitting lids.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton