Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bright red winged insect, black and green body

Question
Red winged insect
Red winged insect  
Could you identify this insect? It bit/ stung my daughter this AM, she is fine... We just have never seen this insect before.

Answer
  Hi laurie
It surer looks some kind of a bee but it is too smashed up for me to tell you what kind. The only bugs this size that sting are bees and stinkbugs

Identifying insects does not work that way. there are millions of species and telling them apart involves the ability to observe mouth parts. wing veins . anrennae,and the joints at the end of the legs. I sure that this is a bee however

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz