Entomology (Study of Bugs)/buggss

Question
I started getting bit on my legs and back a few weeks ago so last week I bombed my house and stayed out of it for a week because I seen no signs of bed bugs or any other bugs... when I returned home I cleaned up very well I received my bed for bed bugs and still nothing.. I checked all the creases and under the mattress... still nothing. So I still sprayed my bed down and put my fresh sheets on it and I woke up this morning with bites on my foot.. please tell me what it could be

Answer
Nayda:

I'm sorry, but I cannot answer this with any degree of accuracy.  It could very well be that your "bites" are a manifestation of some other illness completely unrelated to insects; even a reaction to household chemicals you use to clean.

My wife suggested that it might also be something like chiggers that you contracted outside but that you only noticed the next day when you woke up.  That has happened to us on numerous occasions.  Chiggers are not readily noticeable to the naked eye.  The effects of their bites (usually noticed from the waist down) last about a week or two before dissipating.

At any rate, I would ask my physician to help treat the symptoms in the absence of a causative agent.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and happy holidays.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton