Entomology (Study of Bugs)/insect that i can't identify

I found this bug that i can't identify on a blanket that was stored in a plastic bag under the bed and i need help identifying it
I'm afraid it would be a harmful bug like bed bug or something

Thank you,

I'm not much of an authority on insects from Egypt, but the insect in your image is definitely a beetle.

There are many beetles that are "stored product pests" that often feed on garments and blankets of animal origin (wool, fur, silk).

Your beetle is likely in the family Dermestidae or Anobiidae.  I can't be positive without seeing the specimen itself.

You might compare to images at this website:

and then look up the scientific name of anything that matches (for information on control, etc).  I would store vulnerable blankets and garments in a cedar chest when not in use, as cedar has proven repellent qualities.  Mothballs are ineffective, and moth *crystals* are potentially carcinogenic.

Good luck, happy holidays!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.