Entomology (Study of Bugs)/insect that i can't identify

Question
bug
bug  
Hii
I found this bug that i can't identify on a blanket that was stored in a plastic bag under the bed and i need help identifying it
I'm afraid it would be a harmful bug like bed bug or something

Thank you,

Answer
Joseph:

I'm not much of an authority on insects from Egypt, but the insect in your image is definitely a beetle.

There are many beetles that are "stored product pests" that often feed on garments and blankets of animal origin (wool, fur, silk).

Your beetle is likely in the family Dermestidae or Anobiidae.  I can't be positive without seeing the specimen itself.

You might compare to images at this website:

http://spiru.cgahr.ksu.edu/db/insect/search_results.asp

and then look up the scientific name of anything that matches (for information on control, etc).  I would store vulnerable blankets and garments in a cedar chest when not in use, as cedar has proven repellent qualities.  Mothballs are ineffective, and moth *crystals* are potentially carcinogenic.

Good luck, happy holidays!

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton