Entomology (Study of Bugs)/insects living in human dermal layers

Are their such insects or worms that can live in human dermal layers? If so what types of tests can be done to detect them? Thank you so much for your time

There certainly are such bugs, Mike. The common Itch mite Sarcoptes scabii burrows beneath the skin. No tests are needed to detect them. Technically they re mites and not insects.  Their presence in indicated by the itching symptoms and red trails they leave. Blowfly maggots can develop in the skin from eggs deposited on the skin. The presence is indicated when a pustule forms. There are also mites that live in the follicles of the eyelashes. They cause no symptoms

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ