Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What kind of spider is this?

Unidentified Spider
Unidentified Spider  
Found this guy in my bathroom. I live in a 38 story condo tower in Toronto. I'm guessing some kind of orb weaver but not sure. I had a very gruesome bite this past summer and I'm hoping it wasn't his kind. I don't suppose a picture of a bite identifies the spider? Thank you!!!

Hi Kerrie
This is a wolf spider not an orb weaver and they do not bite. A spider cannot be identified from a bite. Very few spiders even do bite. I have been picking up spiders since i was 10 years old and I have never been bitten. I still do and I keep tarantulas

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ