Entomology (Study of Bugs)/In Need of Help

Question
Hi Jack,

I am currently residing in Denver and wanted to know if you have ever heard of an insect/bug that invades the home looks like lint(yes) and bites leaving a terrible mark and leaving one feeling ill. I have been to a few doctors telling me its dry skin. I have some samples of what I can see and pulled off myself after feeling the bite. I don't know what this is but I am a neat freak type individual and as time goes on this gets worse in my home. If you are able to help please let me know. I would appreciate any and all assistance. Thank you so very much. B

Answer
Bree,

There are no insects or mites that fit this description. Most often it is either allergies or a physical irritant that can be mistaken for bug bites. I doubt that dry skin alone would cause these "biting" sensations but dry skin could make an allergic reaction worse. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis