Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug bite

Question
I was working on a machine inside a building in Connecticut when I felt a pinch in the top of my hand like a bug bite. I was wearing 3 mil Nitrile gloves at the time.  What kind of Ct bug can bite through gloves. I would think only a bee would be capable, but it's kind of cold for them.  It got all infected and blew up like a balloon.  I was thinking maybe it was just something sharp on the machine.

Answer
Dear John -  Any insect or other arthropod capable of inflicting a bite through those gloves definitely would be big enough to have been noticed. I am inclined to agree with your suspicion that something on the machine was responsible. The time of year also would seem to mitigate against the injury being insect-related.
Sincerely,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad