Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Little tiny black bugs

Question
Hello there... I live n a fairly old apartment... Where there's lots of old wood and stuff... I do have a spider and ant problem.. But my question is... What r these little black bugs that I find n my bed... My first time seeing one was on the face of my 2 week old son... I thought it was just lint or something but when I went to reach for it and get it off of his face ... The thing moved and it moved so quickly.. When I finally got it n between my fingers ... I tried to squeeze it to kill it but it didnt die... I had to stick it with my nail for it to die... I would like to know what these things are and what I can do to get rid of them... Might I add I also have little tiny bites on my feet and they itch like crazy... My son or daughter hasn't had anything on their bodies... And I want to keep it that way... Every now and then I feel like something is crawling on  me but when I look nothing is there.. Please tell me u may have an idea of what I'm talking about... Hope to talk to u soon.... Thanks!

Answer
Joia,

I'd need to see a picture to be certain but these could be carpet beetles, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for pictures. These beetles don't bite so your skin irritation must be caused by something else. Here's a list of insects and mites that bite and some things that mimic bug bites http://www.livingwithbugs.com/unknown_bug_bites.html. Post a follow up if you can get a picture.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis