Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Little tiny black bugs

Hello there... I live n a fairly old apartment... Where there's lots of old wood and stuff... I do have a spider and ant problem.. But my question is... What r these little black bugs that I find n my bed... My first time seeing one was on the face of my 2 week old son... I thought it was just lint or something but when I went to reach for it and get it off of his face ... The thing moved and it moved so quickly.. When I finally got it n between my fingers ... I tried to squeeze it to kill it but it didnt die... I had to stick it with my nail for it to die... I would like to know what these things are and what I can do to get rid of them... Might I add I also have little tiny bites on my feet and they itch like crazy... My son or daughter hasn't had anything on their bodies... And I want to keep it that way... Every now and then I feel like something is crawling on  me but when I look nothing is there.. Please tell me u may have an idea of what I'm talking about... Hope to talk to u soon.... Thanks!

I'd need to see a picture to be certain but these could be carpet beetles, see for pictures. These beetles don't bite so your skin irritation must be caused by something else. Here's a list of insects and mites that bite and some things that mimic bug bites Post a follow up if you can get a picture.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology