Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Malachius aeneus larvae

Question
Malachius aeneus larvae
Malachius aeneus larva  
Dear Mr. Saugstad

I'm writing you from Slovenia, Europe. On internet I found some answers that you wrote about bugs,. I'm wondering if you can help me with any advice. Here is the problem:
My family lives in house that was built in 1964. Two years ago we partly renew it and made some adaptation. Than in last February we noticed new visitors on walls in our rooms and bathroom. After "internet investigation" we concluded that this visitors are Malachius aeneus larvae (please see attachment). We can't find out from where they are coming from. We never saw Bugs, but only larvae. Now larvae starts coming out from somewhere again.
Could you please help us with advice how to get rid of these larvae, because our daughter is 1year old and it is not so nice to get contact with them.

With kind regards,
MSM

Answer
Dear Mojca - Your image does appear to be that of a larva of a scarlet malachite beetle, Malachius aeneus (Coleoptera: Melyridae); see http://tinyurl.com/aknmbkh for an image of an adult beetle. This species has a very wide range in Europe and occurs in much of northern North America as well. You needn't worry about control as these insects are completely harmless to humans. The larvae appear to be general predators on other small arthropods, while the adult beetles are reported as feeding primarily on pollen as well as occasionally on other small flower-visiting insects.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad