Entomology (Study of Bugs)/small black bugs in kitchen lingering elsewhere

Question
bug
bug  

bug
bug  
I first starte started seing  in my c in my cupboards underneath containers and inside of my flower bag and didn't see them for a whil now I've started to see a couple on my couches  and a bab that play on the which I vacuum every d it just really grosses m and they can crawl down to the and they can crawl down to the floor the pic of the bug is in acandle whichis a inch wide when they were in my cupboardsand i liftedsomething up they ran really fast!!

Answer
Dear Camarra - These are grain beetles in the genus Oryzaephilus (Coleoptera: Silvanidae). There are two species, the saw-toothed grain beetle (Oryzaephilus surinamensis) and the merchant grain beetle (O. mercator) that are difficult to tell apart, but both have similar habits and can be pantry pests. See  http://tinyurl.com/yl2hx6l for a fact sheet that includes control recommendations.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad