Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Black Bug

Question
Shows size
Shows size  

Black bug
Black bug  
Hi, I was reading in bed and saw this bug crawling. Didn't jump or appear to have wings. It's black but shell is almost shinny. Looks like a hard shell. Any advice on what this could be?

Answer
Dawn,

The image is not clear enough to tell anything more than it is a beetle. If you can get a picture showing the head, antennae, and overall body shape I'd be glad to take another look. It is entirely possible that this is a one-off and you won't see any more. If you do see more try to get a pic with the above in mind. There are no beetles that look like this that cause damage or injury so there's nothing to be concerned about.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis