Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bugs in shower room

Hi I hope you can help me I have an issue with these tiny bugs coming in my bathroom. I have no idea what they are or why they are comming in. They seem to be comming in through the extractor fan and I think small cevices. Im hoping you could tell me what they are, they are very tiny about 1mm in size some are white and are brown, ive only seen them crawling and they seem to cluster together. Ive included an image its not great its the best i can get on my camera phone.

I can't see these clearly enough to be certain but from your description I think these could be clover mites or mold mites. Take a close look and see if you can detect what will look like long antennae, these are actually front legs and you have clover mites coming in from outside. If you can't see any long legs then these are likely mold mites (see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/mold_mites.html for drawing). Mold mites are associated with damp, moldy conditions. Post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology