Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect Identification Help

Question
1
1  
This is the second time in the past two weeks that we've seen this insect inside our house (Houston, TX).  It looks reddish brown, some type of pointy antenna, seems to have two distinct segments.  Maybe some sort of beetle?

Answer
Dear James - because of the small image size and damage to the specimen, I cannot be confident of an identification. My best guess is that it could be one of the grain/granary weevils (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in  the genus Sitophilus. See http://tinyurl.com/bw2oa8f for an example and if that seems like a match to you, see http://tinyurl.com/cff3o6r for some control suggestions. However, if after viewing this material you believe that yours is something different, please try to obtain a clearer close up image and attach that to a follow-up question.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad