Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Small brown/black beetles

Question
Hi, I have these small brown and black spotted beetles, about a third of the size of a lady bug, no segmentation. I've noticed them crawling around on my clothing and towels at my home and I don't know what they are. I saw a previous answer about a similar sized beetle with zig zag patterns on it and it was the "Varied Carpet Bettle" I'm not sure if that is what I have because like I said they have spots on the shell rather than zig-zags. I just want to know what they are and how to get rid of them.

Thanks

Answer
Samantha,

The color pattern on varied carpet beetles can look like spots, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for another picture. See that page for control info as well and post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis