Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this small brown teardrop shaped bug?

Question
tiny bug
tiny bug  
I saw this bug on the floor of my bedroom in my small apartment at night. I've seen them before around and just killed them not thinking much of it, but I decided to catch this one instead and see what they are, and after searching on the internet I thought it was either a German or Brown-banded Cockroach, however it looks like the immature stage and I've never seen one that looks like the adult stages of either of these. I keep my apartment clean, not much clutter. I would say the bug is less than a centimeter? It crawled quickly and stopped suddenly, like a roach.

Answer
Savanna:

Yep, that's a roach nymph, probably either a German or Brown-banded as you suspect (hard to tell from just the one image).

Cockroaches can hitchhike on and in your belongings (I brought one home in a briefcase once), and migrate between apartments.  So, if your neighbor is a slob, then....

I might casually ask around if other tenants have seen roaches.  If so, then the building might need a pest control service.  Otherwise, consider homemade baits to take care of the ones that find their way into your own apartment.

Good luck!

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton