Entomology (Study of Bugs)/worm and multiple myeloma connection if any

Question
Do you think persistent worms inside gutt or body could lead to bone marrow cancer which is called Multple Myeloma? my mom is having MM since 7 years now. she is 72 yrs and i am 45. when i was in 9th grade school about 15 years, i had seen smaall about 3 mm and very thin red worms in toilet commode water after i guess my mother had been to toilet. i wondered if she carried any infection and was worried then. any connection with such worms and MM?

Answer
Dear Uday - To the best of my knowledge, there has never been any evidence put forth for any association between parasitic infections of any kind and increased risk for multiple myeloma. See http://tinyurl.com/y8blxb9 and http://tinyurl.com/2em7vh for detailed information on this disorder.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad