Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Beautiful red oak moth?

Question
oak moth?
oak moth?  
No question but that it's beautiful, but is it an oak moth?  Found in an oak woodland, on blue oak, elevation about 2,200', Sierra Nevada foothills.  It was about noon on a May day in 2009.  It was quite placid and gorgeous.

Answer
Jenny:

I don't recognize this species, even to family, though I have my suspicions.  I would like it if you could e-mail me the image and information and give me permission to post it to a moth group on Facebook.  I could delete it after I get an ID if you like.  Very interesting insect!

Eric
bugeric24ATyahooDOTcom

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton