Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Beautiful red oak moth?

oak moth?
oak moth?  
No question but that it's beautiful, but is it an oak moth?  Found in an oak woodland, on blue oak, elevation about 2,200', Sierra Nevada foothills.  It was about noon on a May day in 2009.  It was quite placid and gorgeous.

I don't recognize this species, even to family, though I have my suspicions.  I would like it if you could e-mail me the image and information and give me permission to post it to a moth group on Facebook.  I could delete it after I get an ID if you like.  Very interesting insect!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.