Entomology (Study of Bugs)/I.D bug

Question
bug
bug  
Hi, I live in Vancouver, BC. I have noticed this bug around my house but, I mainly see them in the bathroom. It's a blackish, brownish colour.I have seen them as small as about sliver and bit bigger than half a cmish. they can move very fast. It can easily crawl under baseboards and cracks. Thanks.

Answer
Anna,

This is either a silverfish or the closely related firebrat, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/silverfish_firebrats.html for pictures and info. Firebrats are usually more brownish in color so I suspect that's what you have.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis