Entomology (Study of Bugs)/house fly indetification

There are a large amount of tiny, slow moving, easy to kill, seemingly harmless flies all around the house. They don't seem to congregate in any specific area and I can't seem to find an origin point either. They seem to like to stick to the ceiling after a hot shower but that could just be because they're already in the bathroom, along with every other part of the house. they don't seem to be interested in fruit or any food left out either. They remind me more of gnats than flies. I've looked all over the internet but I can only seem to find close up pictures that aren;t very helpful. Any help you could give me on identifying them would be appreciated, that way I can researched how to get rid of them.

Without seeing specimens, or at least images, of the insects in question, the best I can do is speculate.

However, among the most common of indoor flies are "dark-winged fungus gnats" in the family Sciaridae.  Here is more about them:

All of the above links provide useful information about the life history, prevention, and control of these flies.

Should the images bear absolutely no resemblance to what you are talking about, then feel free to get back to me....BUT with a lot more detail and/or an image.  Even what you think is a poor image might be sufficient for an ID.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.