Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Looks like a tick

Question
Bug1
Bug1  

Bug2
Bug2  
Hello sir,

I'm not entirely sure what this is. It looks like a tick. I felt something on my leg a little bit ago which caused me to scratch a couple of times. Then I SAW it crawling on the outside of my pants.
I put it on my desk and took a couple of photos. I ended up squashing it to death (Sorry) and it gave off a somewhat pleasant odor, almost sweet like.
Is this a tick ?
I'm located on the East coast of Saudi Arabia, in a city called Jubail.
Thanks in advance chief!
best,
Mohammed

Answer
Mohammed,

This is a bed bug or a closely related species like the bat bug. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/bed_bug.html for pictures and follow links to locating the infestation. Check around bedding and under the mattress. Bites from bed bugs often look like bad mosquito bites. The bites itch but are not otherwise dangerous. Post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis