Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Can you please Identify

2 Mystery Bugs
2 Mystery Bugs  
We have a huge swarm of these 2 bugs together on our fence at our office. Jacksonville, FL. Today 4-25-13. Never seen them before. We wanted to know what they are and if they can be harmful to people or structures. Thank you :)

Hi Matthew
I cannot see any detail like antennae closely but I am sure these are flies.Since there is a swarm I think they a related to midges. In that case they emerged from a water source and they are harmless as they have no mouth parts

I rarely respond to feedback because I do not care and I am the top rated expert in this category. However I find it strange that you agree that the photo was not clear enough to completely identify this fly and yet give me a low rating. Identifying flies is difficult unles I can see antennae and legs

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ