Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny bugs

Question
My daughter justed moved. They found these barley see-able little bugs on the window seal,beds and a few other places. She didn't have them before and you can literally barely see them.They look like a grain of black dirt till they start moving.They bite and are leaving little itchy bumps.I've never seen any this small and did not know what to tell her. There is no vegetation out side windows. and its a 2 story.

Answer
Hi Joyce
The only insects that fit this description and bite would be mites.  It sounds like they are coming in from outside but they could be inside only. Biting mites usually come a nest of a bird or mice. Could there be a mouse nest someplace or a birds nest near the window. In case they are getting in under the window rub a bar of soap in the window crack. Tell her to use a lotion on the bumps.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz