Entomology (Study of Bugs)/centipedes i think thats what they are ?????

hi i live in a basement apartment of a house and theres these alien looking centipedes i think there gold in colour with alot of legs and long im scared they really freak me out i know this sounds stupid for someone my age but im scared that when im sleeping theyll crawl in my ears or mouth but mostly worried about them crwling in my ears can they hurt me and crawl in my ears please answer????
thankyou so very very much for helping me

If you post a picture I could confirm the id but take a look at this page for a picture of a house centipede. Sticky traps (see the page cited above) are a good way to control house centipedes.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology