Entomology (Study of Bugs)/centipedes i think thats what they are ?????

Question
hi i live in a basement apartment of a house and theres these alien looking centipedes i think there gold in colour with alot of legs and long im scared they really freak me out i know this sounds stupid for someone my age but im scared that when im sleeping theyll crawl in my ears or mouth but mostly worried about them crwling in my ears can they hurt me and crawl in my ears please answer????
thankyou so very very much for helping me

Answer
Nadine,

If you post a picture I could confirm the id but take a look at this page http://www.livingwithbugs.com/centipede.html for a picture of a house centipede. Sticky traps (see the page cited above) are a good way to control house centipedes.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis