Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Follow Up to Fly Photo . . .

Question
FlyInQuestion
FlyInQuestion  
Here is the picture you are wanting . . .

Rick

Answer
Hello, Rick - Although the wing veins in your image seem reasonably clear at first glance, I still cannot make out the one that would cinch it as a flower/hover fly, namely the so-called 'spurious vein' or 'vena spuria' - see http://tinyurl.com/n3v3cow and http://tinyurl.com/lgr3xch for images. This vein is unique to the family Syrphidae. At any rate, if I had seen this image first, I never would even have mentioned a bee fly as a possibility! All that I can say with any certitude is that it could be a syrphid.
Hope this helps, and thank you for your patience; I often believe that I learn as much or even more from participating in this forum than do those whose questions I attempt to answer.
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad