Entomology (Study of Bugs)/hard shelled small bug

Question
I live in Conway, SC for past 4 yrs.  First year we have tiny hard shelled beetles all over our plants, house, fencing, etc.  my leaves are being eaten on our plants and leaves turning yellow.  They fly and are in the ground in my potted lemon tree plant.  I have tried all sorts of bug killers, nothing working.  What are they and what can I use to kill them.  They look like a small version of a ladybug only black  help

Answer
Dolores,

If you post a picture I'll confirm the id but this sounds like it might be the kudzu bug. See http://livingwithbugs.blogspot.com/2011/10/kudzu-bug-small-brown-lady-bug-that.h for a picture of this insect. Post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis