Entomology (Study of Bugs)/kitchen bugs

Some tiny black bugs, about 1/8", have invaded the area near my kitchen sink, mainly along the cabinets and window sill trim.  They are very fast, look like they have 3 body sections plus 2 short antenae.  They seem to communicate with eachother like ants?  Thank you for helping me identify and get rid of them.

I could tell you more if I could see a photo, but from your description I believe these are some kind of a pantry pest, (dermestid beetles) Check all opened dried foods like cereals and grains. Check also any pet foods you may have. Let me know if you find any in the cupboards and send a photo if possible

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ