Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Ladybug Flying ability

My daughter has a report to write on how a ladybug flies.  Lift, drag, thrust, etc.  I cannot find much information on this subject on the internet so I am turning to an expert.  Hopefully you can assist me.

Thank you

The flight of ladybugs is basically the same that as all other beetles. Beetles are not the strongest fliers among other insects. Although they have two pair of wings the outer wings called elytra are hard in most beetles and  not used in flight. I am not sure what grade your daughter is in or how technical she has to get so I will refer you to a web site or two. Google How insects fly and you should be able to find what you need

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ