Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Small black and red bug

Question
closer picture of bug
closer picture of bug  

two of the bugs
two of the bugs  
I live in Western Oklahoma and in the past few days I have found lots of these small bugs roaming around on my patio.  They are really small about the size of a brown tick.  They are black but have a red section at the back end of the bug.  In the red section, it looks like it has a small black dot.  At first, I thought they were some kind of ladybug, but they don't have the hard shell of a ladybug or beetle.  I can't tell if they have wings but I haven't noticed any of them flying.  I also thought they could be burrowing bugs, but I read online that those insects have spines on the leg segments, and I don't see that on these insects.  I'm just worried they will cause damage to my herbs, flowers, and vegetables that I have growing around my patio.  I tried to get the best picture possible, but these bugs are really small, and quite the fast mover.

Answer
Andle,

I think these are immature true bug (Hemiptera) but I can't see enough detail to id further. They probably won't damage your landscape plants but if you see large numbers on plants they can be sprayed with insecticidal soap (see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/insecticidal_soap.html) or even just plain water.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis