Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny bug in home

Question
Bug in home
Bug in home  
have these bugs everywhere recently. They are brownish and too tiny to make out much else.  when I took the picture it was amazing to see all the detail.  They appear to not move or fly and appear in random spots all around my home.  A windowsill, on kitchen counter, in bathroom, on bed linen, on wall.  they are never grouped together an I find maybe one a week.  What is it ??

Answer
Dear Melody - This does look very much like a carpet beetle (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) in the genus Anthrenus; such as the varied carpet beetle (Anthrenus verbasci). The beetles themselves are harmless pollen feeders, but their larvae can be quite destructive. See http://tinyurl.com/cf5aujk for an image and http://tinyurl.com/4zbmy4g for more information, including control recommendations.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad