Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Weird bug

Question
Weird bug!
Weird bug!  
I'm located in napanee, Ontario, Canada, I have seen this bug in my house probably 10 times in 2 yrs, they r very small, it is usually in the bathroom, but sometimes in a bedroom, I see them very randomly, it is always just on the wall, I've never seen it move, just wondering what it is and if is harmful to little children or animals, thanks

Answer
Hi, Ashley!

Thank you so much for including the image with your question.  I am changing this to a "public" question because I have been asked about these several times before, but rarely has anyone included an image with their query.

The creature is a "pseudoscorpion," a type of tiny arachnid.  They do not get larger than this.

I will have an article on these in the "Missouri Conservationist" magazine in July, 2014, but here is a great online resource in the meantime:

http://museum.wa.gov.au/catalogues/pseudoscorpions

and another one:

http://insects.about.com/od/noninsectarthropods/p/Pseudoscorpions.htm

They are not the least bit dangerous to anything but tiny insects and mites.  I am a bit jealous, as I don't see these animals very often :-)

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton