Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Blood bugs/red velvet bugs.

How do I get rid of them. Their all over my deck to the pool and all over our patio and outside of the hot tub? Thank you very much.
         Margie Latronica

Without seeing at least an image of the creature, or ideally a specimen, I cannot help you.

That said, my suspects would be:

Red Velvet Mites (not insects)

Nymphs of some kind of true bug (order Hemiptera, suborder Heteroptera), many of which are bright red.

I'd bet on red velvet mites, it is about the right time of year for them to disperse, at which time they can be seen on many surfaces outdoors, sometimes indoors.

I do not offer pest control advice.  My goal is to help people appreciate insects, spiders, and other arthropods, and to prevent infestations of undesirable ones.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.