Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Butterfly or moth

Question
I live in Panama the country and a person that works with us discovered this moth or butterfly and we can not I.D it. He took a picture but I am unable to download it to you. But will be happy to send by e-mail. It is reddish violet with white markings. No one can I.D and I have found no pictures that look like it. It has the body of a moth but is real pretty like a butterfly.

Answer
Dear Patrick - I am extremely reluctant to give out my personal email in a public forum such as this one. If you are having difficulty attaching your image on the AllExperts site, I suggest that you contact their technical support for assistance. Also, you could try uploading your image to service such as Photobucket or Flickr and than provide me with the link to the image in a follow-up AllExperts question. BTW, you are not the only one to report having difficulty loading images at AllExperts - there may be a glitch with some image formats...
Sincerely,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad